NOTICE TO STUDENTS: ACCET COMPLAINT PROCEDURE FOR INSTITUTIONS APPLYING FOR ACCET ACCREDITATION
This institution is seeking initial accreditation with the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET). To this end, the institution has submitted an Application for Accreditation to ACCET and will subsequently submit a self-study and have an on-site team visit to determine whether the institution meets ACCET's Standards for Accreditation. It is the mutual goal of ACCET and the institution to ensure that educational training programs of quality are provided.
When issues arise, students should make every attempt to find a fair and reasonable solution through the institution's internal complaint procedure, which is required by ACCET and frequently requires the submission of a written complaint. Refer to the institution's written complaint procedure which is published in the institution's catalog or otherwise available from the institution, upon request. Note that ACCET will process complaints which involve ACCET standards and policies and, therefore, are within the scope of the accrediting agency.
In the event that a student has exercised the institution's formal student complaint procedure, and the problems or issues have not been resolved, the student has the right and is encouraged to take the following steps:
- Complaints should be submitted in writing (by email or mail) to the ACCET office. Complaints received by phone will be documented; however, the complainant will be requested to subsequently submit the complaint in writing.
The written complaint must contain the following information:
- Name and location of the institution;
- A detailed description of the alleged problem(s);
- The approximate date(s) that the problem(s) occurred;
- The names and titles/positions of all individual(s) involved in the problem(s), including faculty, staff, and/or other students;
- What was previously done to resolve the complaint, along with evidence demonstrating that the institution's complaint procedure was followed prior to contacting ACCET;
- The name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address of the complainant. If the complainant specifically requests that anonymity be maintained, ACCET will not reveal his or her name to the institution involved; and
- The status of the complainant with the institution (e.g. current student, former student, etc.).
- In addition to the written complaint, copies of any relevant supporting documentation should be forwarded to ACCET (e.g. student's enrollment agreement, syllabus or course outline, correspondence between the student and the institution).
- SEND TO:
CHAIR, COMPLAINT REVIEW COMMITTEE
1722 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Telephone: (202) 955-1113
Note: Complainants will receive an acknowledgement of receipt within 15 days.